Understanding Ad Accounts
U N D E R S T A N D I N G A D A C C O U N T S
Ad Accounts can be a little confusing when getting set up on ads. New businesses can set up one ad account and set up a payment from a credit card. Once they are established they can add up to 5 ad accounts and this can increase with spend.
I am going to refer you directly to Facebook’s advice if you are struggling with ad accounts.
“If you can’t add an ad account to a Business Manager:
- The ad account you’re trying to add has already been added by another business. An ad account can only be owned by one Business Manager. Instead, you can request access to the ad account.
[If you are managing someone else’s advertising you must request access and not ‘claim’ an ad account – very important!]
- You have already added a personal ad account to Business Manager.
[If you have been just boosting ads to date you may have a personal ad account and not a business one]
- You can only add one ad account from your personal Facebook account into Business Manager.
- Instead, you can create a new ad account in Business Manager for use for your business page or you can request access to another ad account if you are working in an agency capacity.
- You’ve reached the 5 ad account limit for adding new ad accounts to your business. There’s currently no available option to request more ad accounts. Your ad account limit increases based on your advertising spend.
***Look after your ad account, if payments don’t go through this can adversely affect how the algorithm treats your ads – be warned and put in a backup payment method. Some people have 2 ad accounts in case one gets blocked for inappropriate activity.
👋🏻As always, if you would like help with your ads, either looking for someone with experience to take the burden away or some coaching to get you back on track then get in touch. I will offer a special series discount of 10% off any package if you quote SOCIALADS19